Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: -50 today

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day

-50 today

..here in the wind. beautiful day. Day off and I still went out to wal mart and also to the pharmacy. My boss thinks I am nuts because I go outside in neg20 weather in just jeans and tshirt. Atleast I put on my leather jacket today.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

What did you have in the vehicle for the "just in case" factor?
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I am the same way here in TN. People are always saying 'where is your coat?' I sometimes tell them I'm going through the "change", and I'm having a hot flash.
    Last edited by Domeguy; 01-31-2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Spelling

I'll most likely shit myself

Me too. I will wear a rain coat sometimes. But usually the most is just a vest. Of course I've never been in -50 temps either.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

I too am one of those folks that will either wear a long sleeve tee....if real cold a Carhart hoody.

But come on.....anyone who will spending any amount of time out in sub freezing temps....let alone sub zero.....should know better.

Run into a store.....out to a vehicle is one thing.....but traveling you gotta have your winter kit.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I agree with you on the traveling, and preparing for a break down, but any other time in winter, it's just jeans and a T-shirt.
    I don't understand why people dress like they are preparing to climb Mt Everest, when they are just walking to the Walmart front door.
    When I ran my Pepsi route in IL, it would get down to zero quite often, and I just got used to it I guess. When I transferred to TN, I would wear shorts and a short sleeve uniform shirt, while the other guys would be wearing long johns, long sleeve shirts and heavy winter coats. They would make fun of me, but at least I was not the one sweating.

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    just around town usually. so I keep the BOB in the truck. If I were to travel I would add a sleeping bag and hoodie. Maybe throw in the heavy carhart coat and bibs.

Premium Member
    I was wearing shorts and flip flops yesterday......course it was 79 degrees here.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

I'll most likely shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by Willie51 View Post
    I was wearing shorts and flip flops yesterday......course it was 79 degrees here.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
    Show off!

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

BP, ill trade you the 79 degree crap for your weather!
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.